This unique internship is offered in partnership with An Óige (Irish Youth Hostel Association), the Irish branch of Hostelling International with 24 youth hostels in Ireland.
The internship involves a working week of 37.5 hours from Monday to Friday and requires a minimum commitment of 6 months.
An Óige oversees a network of hostels throughout Ireland ran by hostel staff and supported by a central office in Central Dublin. The internship takes place in the office in Dublin and involves offering support to the hostel network under the operations manager.
Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft packages (Word & Excel), hold a degree in tourism, marketing or hospitality management and have experience with digital and social media platforms. Experience with WordPress is desirable, as well as a passion for travelling and exploring Ireland as the role involves travelling around Ireland for content purposes.
- Helping customers with their email, postal and phone enquiries for a range of hostels
- Assisting programmes co-ordinator with membership renewals and campaigns
- Website management, SEO and writing for the web
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Management and Digital Measurement
- Development and input new campaigns and content
- Help with administrative duties for volunteers who run Hiking, Photography and Conservation programmes
This internship comes with accommodation in staff quarters of Dublin International Hostel and also the possibility of travel throughout Ireland in our network.
Leave a Reply